Coffee Breaks

This current situation made me think of my precious coffee breaks.


COVID 19 or Corona as many people like to call it has changed our ways of living and all our habits that were accumulated along the past years. I can’t describe fairly and precisely the drastic change as I am writing subjectively, yet it is obvious from social media posts, news reports and even the few (allowed) daily interactions of the streets that we will not resume our so called “natural” lifestyle and habits anytime soon.

I used to “spontaneously” head to my favorite hidden coffee gem after my long day of duties and sit there either for some me time or to join my besty so we get to gossip about our day, the people we don’t like and play some Partchizi star. To be honest it seems to be from the deep past; it has been almost three months since I am quarantined with my family and Iet me tell you:

It’s not EASY!

  Thanks to Corona situation I now appreciate my Freedom that I use to take for granted. I now appreciate my old life that I used to perceive as boring and dull. Being locked inside my house allowed me some time (plenty actually) to reflect many aspects of my life, self and surroundings.

Longing to my Coffee made aware that I wasn’t living my life to the fullest and that I wasted so much time on irrelevancies that made my life harder and complicated, on toxic people that fed on my anxiety and of course on regretting and hesitating about what should i do to secure the bag and have a bright future.

Isn’t it impressive how our minds function?  In a way that such a small and obvious detail leads you to unveil a discovery about what is important to you, the discovery that will change your life as well as your choices and eventually makes you a better version of yourself. Isn’t the goal after all?

I never thought, even in my wildest states that someday I will be in a position where I only ask about going out and doing plain stuffs! If this experience has taught me anything, it is definitely the value of time and the ability to keep it moving.

What about you? What do you think has changed within you since the pandemic started?


Follow me  on Instagram and Twitter.

Photo Credit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some shenanigans

Teacher’s diaries

We are Still Human